Brook Hill Farm’s Rockin’ Riders Program was designed to serve people with diverse needs in an inclusive community based setting. The participants are taught riding and horsemanship skills in a social environment.
The Rockin Rider experience aids in promoting physical, mental, and emotional well-being. As a Premier Accredited Center of the Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship (PATH Intl.), we follow strict guidelines for safety, horse care, business and ethical standards. The Rockin’ Riders Program pairs participants with rescue horses to work on developing riding skills and independence.
The farm is ADA compliant, and we can accommodate people with physical disabilities, allowing them to ride and enjoy the horses.
Therapeutic Riding helps Physically
- Improves head, neck and trunk control
- Builds muscle
- Improves respiration
- Helps with balance
- Increases circulation
- Improves muscle tone
- Helps with motor skills and coordination
Therapeutic Riding helps Cognitively
- Enhances problem solving skills
- Applies sequencing skills
- Improves ability to follow instructions
- Provides motivation to learn new skills
Therapeutic Riding helps Emotionally
- Builds confidence
- Improves socialization
- Develops patience
- Promotes respect
- Provides team building experiences
- Improves self-regulation
- Helps with sensory modulation